Greenwood Surgery has had an active Patient Participation Group (PPG) since around 2004.
At Greenwood Surgery patient involvement in the decisions of care provision that they receive is key in moving forward in the ever-changing NHS.
The PPG has 21 members that currently engage with quarterly meetings. In light of recent events we have moved to meeting using Microsoft teams and this has meant that members are able to engage safely from their own home. Greenwood Surgery PPG meet to discuss the services on offer, and how improvements can be made for the benefit of patients and the practice.
In practice, PPGs can play a number of roles, including:
· Advising the practice on the patient perspective
· Organising health promotion events
· Communicating with the wider patient body
· Running volunteer services and support groups to meet local needs
· Carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice
(and their carers)
· Influencing the practice or the wider NHS to improve
· Fundraising to improve the services provided by the practice
Over the years the PPG have hosted many different fundraising activities and have been able to raise funds to buy vital equipment for the surgery.
1) Baby weighing Scales £234
2) Calibration Syringe for spirometer £300
1) Height measures for each consultation room (x 6) = £149.70
2) Bins for each consultation room (x 12) = £259.85
3) Electronic examination couches (x 2) = £1219.26
4) Trollies for each consultation room (x 7) TBC
5) Waiting room chairs £555.20
6) Collection of chairs £212.00
8) New lockable cash box for reception £24.00
9) Self inking new address stamps £91.62
10) Weighing scales £96.94
11) Otoscope £70.65
12) Equipment for treatment room (monofilament, BP cuffs, pulse oximeter) £231.10
1) ECG and trolley £2298.48
2) Air con unit £314.92
3) Dermalite Dermatoscope £535.19
4) Holter recorder £5323.80 (ECG monitor)
5) Ambulatory BP recorder £1042.80
6) Emergency trolley and cover £384.00 & £42.00
7) Examination Lamp £480.90
If you would like to know more about the PPG or become a member of our Virtual PPG please contact the reception or Sian Turner – Tel: 01245 426898 or by email to email@example.com
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email please click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the fields.
Latest articles to assist you, and your healthcare with Greenwood Surgery can be found below.